Calvert County Branch of the NAACP Presents Calvert County’s 20th Annual African American Family Community Day. Come and enjoy a day of Southern Soul Music, Southern Gospel and Jazz. Featuring the renowned Jimmy Bennett, the Bowie State University Community Jazz Ensemble with Irvin Stacy Haywood, three time “Stellar Award Nominee” John Tillery, comedian Sean Sarvis and entertainment by other area artists and Church groups. Participate in children’s activities including art, storytelling, face painting, etc. View displays and exhibits from community businesses and organizations. Qualify for door prizes and enjoy scrumptious food.
WHO: Everyone Invited – FREE EVENT
WHAT: A day of Family Fun
WHEN: Saturday, June 13, 2015
From 11:00 am until 5:00 pm
WHERE: Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum
10515 Mackall Road
St. Leonard, Maryland 20685
- Opportunity for families to enjoy riverside trails and free family oriented activities offered throughout the day.
- Special Recognition of the Calvert County Minority Business Alliance and the Southern Maryland Black Chamber of Commerce
- Use this event as a setting to hold a family summer social or picnic.
- Many food vendors will be available to satisfy your taste for Southern, American and International cuisine
- Health Fair
- View merchandise vendors
- Enjoy day long entertainment; local magician Commissioner Pat Nutter
- Enjoy Fun, Food, Fellowship with many residents of the Calvert County community
Sponsored by the Calvert County Branch of the NAACP and other community organizations
For more information call: 410-535-2730