Calvert Collaborative for Children & Youth, Inc. 20th Annual Dinner and “Champions for Children Awards”
Calvert Collaborative for Children and Youth, Inc., a non-profit, educational and advocacy organization of Calvert County, will honor local “Champions for Children” on May 11, 2018, at the Elks Lodge in Prince Frederick. The awards will recognize exemplary child advocates in Calvert County.
- Educational Opportunities: Given to an educator, community leader, volunteer, or group who has increased educational opportunities for children and families.
- Healthy Children: Given to a professional, community leader, volunteer, or group who has advocated for family/child friendly policies and programs, promoted children’s physical and emotional health, prevented child abuse, or improved the well-being of children and families.
- Strong Families: Given to a parent, caregiver (including grandparents and foster parents), community leader, volunteer, or group who has advocated for family/child friendly policies and programs, strengthened families, promoted safe communities, or increased economic opportunities for children and families.
- Youth: Given to a young person (21 years or younger) who has demonstrated exemplary courage, creativity, leadership, and commitment
Nomination Form also available on www.calvertkids.org.
Nominations due Friday, April 13, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Calvert Collaborative for Children & Youth, Inc. 410 414-8300 or email@example.com
Calvert Collaborative for Children & Youth, Inc. 20th Annual Champions for Children Awards
Nomination category (please check one):
Educational Opportunities____ Healthy Children_____ Strong Families____ Youth _____
Name of Nominee:________________________________________________________
Organization Affiliation: (if applicable) _________________________________________
Mailing Address: _________________________________________________________
Day Phone: ___________________________PM Phone: _________________________
Nominated by: ___________________________________________________________
Organization (If applicable): _________________________________________________
Mailing Address: __________________________________________________________
Day Phone: ___________________________PM Phone: _________________________ Email Address:____________________________
On a separate sheet of paper, please refer to the following questions in making your nomination. Please limit your responses to one page.
- Please describe the nominee’s efforts to advocate for children and families in Calvert County. Cite examples of her or his leadership on behalf of children.
- What have these efforts achieved with respect to the health, well-being or education of children in Calvert County?
- Why do you believe the nominee is an exemplary voice for children?
Please include two letters of support, with contact information, with your nomination.
Please do not send supplemental information such as newspaper clippings or videotapes, although you may reference such information (with citation if possible) in your response.
Note regarding eligibility:
Current employees of Calvert Collaborative for Children and Youth, Inc. (and their relatives), volunteer members of the Board of Directors and volunteer members are not eligible for nomination.
Please mail to:
Calvert Collaborative for Children & Youth, Inc.
P.O. Box 7
Barstow, MD 20610