The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Friday, July 3, 2020, in observance of Independence Day. In addition:
- Meals on Wheels will not be delivered Friday, July 3. However, participants are provided shelf-stable meals in advance. Requests for meal delivery can be made through the Office on Aging at 410-535-4606 or OOAmailbox@calvertcountymd.gov.
- There will be no county bus service Friday, July 3.
- The Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers will be open Friday, July 3 and closed Saturday, July 4. The Mt. Hope, Appeal and Barstow convenience centers will reopen Sunday, July 5 with normal operating hours and the Appeal Landfill will remain closed.
- The Water & Sewerage billing and customer service office will be closed Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4.
- The Solomons Septage Receiving Facility will be open Friday, July 3 and closed Saturday, July 4. On-call crews will be available for water and sewer service emergencies only at 410-535-3491.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open July 3-5 with normal hours. Modified policies and procedures for golfers and staff have been implemented to comply with distancing requirements and protective guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. The course is open to all users.
- Kings Landing Park will be open Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4 from 9 a.m.to 5 p.m.
- Flag Ponds Nature Park will be open Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for Calvert County residents only.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be closed Friday, July 3 and will reopen Saturday, July 4. The nature center is closed until further notice, but park trails will be open.
- Kings Landing pool will be open Friday, July 3 from 6-7 a.m., close at 7 a.m. for team swim practice and reopen from noon to 7 p.m. Cove Point pool will be open Friday July 3 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Both pools will be open Saturday, July 4, noon to 5 p.m. and Sunday, July 5, noon to 7 p.m. for lap swim only. Access is limited to Calvert County residents only and pool time will be limited to one hour. To prevent lines and wait times, swimmers must reserve a swim time through the WebTrac online registration system at https://webtrac.co.cal.md.us/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html. Walk-ins will not be admitted.
- All recreation parks including Dunkirk, Hallowing Point, Cove Point and Solomons Town Center parks will be open. Parks close at civil twilight.
- Breezy Point Beach & Campground will be open to Calvert County residents only. Holiday weekend hours of operation are Friday, July 3, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, July 4, and Sunday, July 5 from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Breezy Point Beach is limited to 100 people.
- The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and Animal Control Division will be closed Friday, July 3 through the holiday weekend. The shelter will reopen Tuesday, July 7 by appointment only.
- Calvert Library locations will be accepting curbside appointments on Friday, July 3, 1-5 p.m. Library locations will be closed on Saturday, July 4.
The following facilities remain closed until further notice as a preventative measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19:
- The Edward T. Hall Indoor Aquatic Center remains closed.
- County senior centers remain closed.
- Community centers remain closed.
- The Calvert Marine Museum and Museum Store remain closed.
Find information on Calvert County Government services online at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov.