Calvert County Government Offices Close Monday, January 14, Due to Winter Weather
Calvert County Government offices will close today, Monday, January 14, due to the overnight snowfall and continued frigid temperatures that add to dangerous driving conditions.
The Calvert County Department of Public Safety urges all citizens to stay off the roads this morning until crews can adequately clear and treat them. The following Calvert County services are affected by the closure:
- All Calvert County Government offices AND the Circuit and Districts Courts are closed Jan. 14.
- County bus service is not available Jan. 14.
- All county Parks & Recreation activities, rentals and programs are canceled for Jan. 14.
- The county’s community centers, nature center, parks, the Chesapeake Hills Golf Course and the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center are closed Jan. 14.
- County convenience centers and the Appeal Landfill are closed Jan. 14.
- The Solomons Visitor Center, Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and all Calvert County libraries are closed today.
- All Health Department offices are closed.
“As the road crews continue to move through the day to treat the roads, please be mindful of black ice if you must travel,” said Public Safety Director Jackie Vaughan. “A special thank you goes to all of our crews, first responders and staff working hard to get the county back up and running”
Citizens are reminded to stay abreast of local information and weather notices by signing up for Calvert ALERT, a notification system that can send messages by text, email, fax, land line and pager.
Residents are urged to visit the county website Emergency Alerts link to register for the notification service. Those without Internet access can call 410-535-1600, ext. 2638, to sign up. Residents are also encouraged to stay on top of emergency information by downloading the free “Prepare Me Calvert” emergency preparedness mobile application now available for iOS (Apple) and Android devices through the Apple App Store or the Google Play.
Monitor the Calvert County Government web site at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov