Calvert County Government Offices Close Thursday, January 4, Due to Winter Weather
Calvert County government offices will close today, Thursday, January 4, due to the overnight snowfall and continued frigid temperatures.
The Calvert County Department of Public Safety is urging all citizens to stay off the roads this morning until crews can adequately clear and treat the roads. The following Calvert County services are affected by the closure:
- All Calvert County government offices are closed Jan. 4.
- Calvert County circuit and district courts are closed Jan. 4.
- County bus service is not available Jan. 4.
- All county Parks and Recreation activities, rentals and programs are canceled for Jan. 4.
- The county’s community centers, nature center, parks, the Chesapeake Hills Golf Course and the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center are closed Jan. 4.
- County convenience centers and the Appeal Landfill are closed Jan. 4.
- Calvert County libraries are closed today.
- The Calvert Marine Museum is closed.
Stay abreast of local information and weather notices by signing up for Calvert ALERT, a notification system that can send messages by text, email, fax, land line and pager.
Residents are urged to visit the county website Emergency Alerts link to register for the notification service. Those without Internet access can call 410-535-1600, ext. 2638, to sign up. Residents are also encouraged to stay on top of emergency information by downloading the free “Prepare Me Calvert” emergency preparedness mobile application now available for iOS (Apple) and Android devices through the Apple App Store or the Google Play market.