Calvert County Government offices will close today, Thursday, February 18, 2021, due to inclement weather.
The Calvert County Department of Public Safety urges all citizens to stay off the roads until hazardous weather conditions subside. The following Calvert County services are affected by the closure:
- All Calvert County Government offices and the circuit and district courts are closed.
- County convenience centers are closed.
- The Appeal Landfill is closed.
- County transportation service is not available.
- All county Parks & Recreation activities, rentals and programs are canceled.
- Community centers, parks, the Chesapeake Hills Golf Course and the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center are closed.
- The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter is closed.
- All Calvert Library locations are closed.
- Calvert County Health Department offices are closed.
- Health Department COVID-19 vaccination appointments scheduled for Feb. 18 have been canceled.
- The COVID-19 vaccine pre-registration call center is closed.
Residents are encouraged to stay informed and prepared in the event of an emergency by visiting www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/BeAwarePrepare and signing up for Calvert County ALERT to receive timely information about various emergency and non-emergency situations in the county.
Updates will appear on the Calvert County Government website, www.CalvertCountyMd.gov.