Thursday, July 4th
- Traffic will be completely shut down at the intersection of Lore Road and Rt. 765 once fireworks display begins.
- The road in front of the Solomons Island Visitor Center will be shut down completely from the St. Mary’s exit from Glascock Field to Rt. 2.
- Southbound traffic will be prohibited from gaining access to Solomons Island for approximately one hour after the fireworks display ends.
- The exit from Glascock Field to Rt. 2 will allow traffic to flow northbound in the southbound lane. This traffic will exit onto Rt. 4 North at the exit across from Roy Rogers.
- All traffic leaving Solomons Island beyond Glascock Field will continue north along Rt. 2 to the access to Rt. 4 just north of Boomerang’s Restaurant. Motorists needing to travel south can proceed to the light at Patuxent Point Parkway to make the left onto southbound Rt. 4.
- The access for southbound traffic to exit to go under the Thomas Johnson Bridge will be blocked with delineating devices.
- The exit for northbound traffic to gain access onto Rt. 2 at the base of the bridge will be blocked with delineating devices.
- The median crossovers in front of Patuxent Plaza and the Navy Rec Center will be blocked off with delineating devices.
The Maryland State Highway Administration and the Calvert County Highway Maintenance Department will assist with traffic direction.
There will be deputies posted at all intersections with heavy traffic flow to ensure compliance with the traffic flow plan.