During the Annual Breezy Point Beach Blast-off Event
The Calvert County Department of Parks & Recreation invites citizens to the annual Breezy Point Beach Blast-Off event to be held Saturday, May 18 from 4 p.m. until dark. Dance the night away with live music and face-off against friends in a game of laser tag. There will be contests, face painting, delicious food for purchase, a big bonfire and spectacular fireworks show to cap off the night. The all-ages event features something for every member of the family.
Breezy Point Beach and Campground is a favorite bay-front park featuring swimming, fishing, picnicking, and seasonal and daily camping. Visitors are encouraged to take advantage of the beautiful public beach and bring the entire family for a fun-filled day. Children will enjoy building sand castles, playing on the new playground and finding shark teeth along the water’s edge. For fishing and crabbing enthusiasts, there is a 200-foot fishing pier. It is the perfect getaway for day trips, a weekend away or a week-long escape. The site is open May 1 through Oct. 31, 6 a.m. to dusk.
The Department of Parks & Recreation offers weekday specials through the season on the following schedule:
- Monday: Admission is free for children and $1 for county residents.
- Tuesday: Admission is $10 per vehicle or half-price admission for county residents.
- Wednesday: Half-price admission for county residents and free admission for seniors.
- Thursday: All admission is half price.
- Friday: Admission is $1 for county residents.
- Monday through Friday: All admission is half price after 5 p.m.
For additional information, please contact the Calvert County Department of Parks & Recreation at 410-535-1600, ext. 2649. For updates on Parks & Recreation services, park availability, field closures and more visit Parks & Recreation at www.Facebook.com/CalvertCountyParks.