On April 1, 2015 at 4:08 am, a fire at 60 Wilson Court in Prince Frederick, was discovered by the occupant. Prince Frederick, Huntingtown, St. Leonard, Dunkirk, and Solomons Volunteer Fire Departments responded. There was a smoke alarm present and it was activated.
The fire at the two story wood framed house was caused by a fire in the chimney that spread to the exterior wall of the residence and was deemed accidental. The fire caused extensive damage to the home, estimated at $150,000 to the structure and $50,000 to the contents. The family was displaced and is being assisted by other family members and the American Red Cross.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: SFMO Southern Regional Office – 443-550-6820