The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 2, 2019, in observance of Labor Day. In addition:
- County senior centers will be closed and Meals on Wheels will not be delivered. However, participants will be provided shelf-stable meals in advance.
- There will be no county bus service Monday, Sept. 2. Regular service will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
- Calvert Library locations will be closed Saturday, Aug. 31 through Monday, Sept. 2. Online services and electronic checkouts will be available.
- All community centers will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2.
- All recreation parks including Dunkirk, Hallowing Point and Cove Point parks will be open normal hours.
- The Appeal Landfill and all county customer convenience centers will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2.
- The Water & Sewerage billing and customer service office, and the Solomons Septage Receiving Facility, will be closed Monday, Sept. 2. On-call crews will be available for water and sewer service emergencies only at 410-535-3491.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open Monday, Sept. 2, with normal hours.
- The Calvert Marine Museum will be open Monday, Sept. 2, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The museum store will also be open from 10:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Kings Landing and Flag Ponds Nature parks will be open Monday, Sept. 2, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be open Monday, Sept. 2, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Kings Landing pool will be open with regular hours all weekend and will close for the season at 7:45 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 2.
- Cove Point Park pool will open with regular hours all weekend and will close for the season at 8 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 2.
- Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will be closed for the holiday weekend and is scheduled to reopen after several weeks of maintenance on Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 6 a.m. The aquatic center’s hours of operation will be Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Breezy Point Beach & Campground will be open with normal operating hours.
- The Solomons Visitor Center will be closed Monday, Sept. 2.
- The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and Animal Control Division will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2.
- The Calvert Board of County Commissioners will not meet on Tuesday, September 3.
Find information on Calvert County Government services online at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov.