On March 22, 2015 at 2:01 am, a fire at 2544 Deerfield Lane Chesapeake Beach was discovered by the owner. North Beach, Huntingtown and Dunkirk Volunteer Fire Departments responded. The fire was caused by a discarded cigarette on the rear deck of the townhome. There was a smoke alarm present and was activated.
The fire caused moderate damage to the two story wood framed home. , displacing the owner. The owner is being assisted by her family. The estimated loss is $20,000.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT the Fire Marshall at 443-550-6820