On March 18, 2015 at 10:54 pm, a fire at 11571 Sidewinder Lane in Lusby, was discovered by the owner. Solomons, Bay District and St. Leonard Volunteer Fire Departments responded. The single story wood frame home fire started on the exterior of the home near the stairs. There was a smoke alarm present but did not activate. The cause of the fire was traced to a discarded cigarette in a trash container near the stairs.
The fire caused moderate damage to the home, displacing the family. The estimated loss to structure is $15,000 and $5,000 to the contents. The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: 443-550-6820