DNR invites citizens interested in becoming curators of the Old Bohemia Tenant House in Cecil County to stop by the open house, 10 am to 3 pm, Saturday, May 2. The property is available for restoration under the Department’s Resident-Curatorship Program, which matches up historic properties with people interested in restoring, maintaining and periodically sharing them with the public in return for the right to lifetime tenancy.
The Old Bohemia Tenant House, located northwest of Warwick, is the last remaining example of the farmhouses created to work the land owned by the Roman Catholic Clergy. Constructed circa 1840, the house is made up of a 2-1/2 story main block with an attached 1-1/2 story kitchen wing. Preference will be given to proposals from individuals and non-profit organizations with missions in-keeping with that of Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
The Old Bohemia Tenant House property is located at 300 Church Road, just north of Warwick, MD. The property will only be available to the public by appointment or during open houses.
For more information on the Old Bohemia Tenant House or the Resident-Curatorship Program, visit dnr.maryland.gov/land/rcs/index.asp, or contact Peter Morrill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-260-8457.
Old Bohemia Tenant House