On February 20, 2015, at 4:40pm, a fire at 4480 Diane Court, Prince Frederick, was discovered by the occupant. Prince Frederick, Benedict, Huntingtown and St. Leonard Volunteer Fire Departments responded. The fire in the two story wood framed house was caused by an electrical malfunction in a second floor bedroom. There was a smoke alarm present.
The estimated loss to the structure is $75,000 and $50,000 to the contents. The fire caused moderate damage to the house, displacing the nine occupants of the home. The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: SFMO Southern Regional Office – 443-550-6820