Wow! Has it been a great year for Farming 4 Hunger! So many thanks are going out this time of year! If you donated last year, here is what you helped us accomplish!
- Delivered 1,348,000 pounds of food to the hunger community, contributing to the over 6.5 million pounds of fresh food delivered since our beginning
- Helped 8 inmates improve their life skills and become better prepared for life upon release
- Hosted 36 individuals from Drug Court who worked alongside the inmates for a meaningful and powerful experience to help them see very clearly the road they were heading down, and hopefully made a lasting impression inspiring them to make changes
- Hosted 1200 school kids who helped harvest and pack food, and participated in Life Sharing – a highly sought-after and impactful experience
- Exceeded a total of 15,000 volunteers at the Farm since we started!
In addition, we held a wonderful Homecoming for the men who came through Farming 4 Hunger, hearing their stories of success and gratitude; had a joyous Blessing of the Farm; a sad, but hopeful Memory Walk; a Taste of the Farm; and hosted the Calvert County Bar Association monthly meeting! As a group, 24 churches have come out to share meals with the inmates and help gather, package and distribute food.
It is truly a remarkable ministry!
Everyone who has been here says they have been touched by our programs and our efforts. Our volunteer staff is increasing, and we will be rolling out our new STAR CITIZEN’S program next season. The STARS program allows us to bring more inmates out to the Farm and rotate them through different work stations. We will have one group in the fields learning farming skills and techniques, one group in the kitchen learning to make value added foods and prepare meals, and a third group learning important skills to rejoin the workforce! We cannot do this without you!
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact us through our website, or reach out to Anthony Viveralli – Youth Event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Michele Quesenberry – Returning Citizens Coordinator, at email@example.com. Yes, we need funds, but we also need your mentoring and job training skills.
To donate, please go to: http://www.farming4hunger.com/donate