Liberal leave in effect
Calvert County Government offices will open at 10 a.m. Friday, February 19, 2021, due to inclement weather, with liberal leave in effect. Employees must contact their supervisors to request liberal leave.
Calvert County Circuit Court and District Court will also open to employees at 10 a.m. with liberal leave in effect; court proceedings will begin at 10:30 a.m. Employees must contact their supervisors to request liberal leave. In addition:
- County convenience centers will open at noon.
- The Appeal Landfill and transfer station will open at 8 a.m.
- County transportation services will begin at 10 a.m.
- Community centers, parks and the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will open at 10 a.m.
- Chesapeake Hills Golf Course is closed.
- The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter will open at 10 a.m.
- Calvert County Circuit Court and District Court will open at 10 a.m. Court proceedings will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Calvert County Health Department offices will open at 10 a.m.
- Health Department COVID-19 vaccination clinic appointments scheduled for Feb. 19 have been canceled.
- The COVID-19 vaccination pre-registration call center will open at 10 a.m.
Officials will monitor conditions throughout the morning and make a further determination on whether a change in closure status is warranted.
Residents are encouraged to stay informed and prepared in the event of an emergency by visiting www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/BeAwarePrepare and signing up for Calvert County ALERT to receive timely information about various emergency and non-emergency situations in the county.
Updates will appear on the Calvert County Government website, www.CalvertCountyMd.gov.