Members and friends of Calvert County Historical Society, here is the Linden Times for 11 June 20. We hope you have enjoyed reading the Times these last few months. This TImes will be the last one for a little while as we are now working on our CCHS Quarterly Newsletter, which should be coming out to you in late June or early July. In the meanwhile, here is some information on CCHS’s calendar of events and other important decisions for the weeks and months ahead:
- The Annual Membership Dinner and Silent Auction reschedule date has not yet been determined.
- Mike King will continue to be the President of the Board, until the Annual Dinner can be held.
- The CCHS nominating committee has completed its work with recommendations for the Board to fill vacating slots. Names and positions from the nominating committee will be forthcoming/shared with all, as appropriate, prior to the Annual Dinner.
- The Annual Spring Tea has been rescheduled for September 28, 2020, from 2 – 4 pm. Thanks to Chloe Ewalt for Chairing this event.
- CCHS will remain closed until State, County and our Board determine it is safe and fitting to reopen. When we reopen CCHS will follow the ‘best social distancing practices/protocols’ throughout Linden, for all of her members, friends and staff.
- CCHS is operating on a teleworking status until we reopen. The Director and Admin Assistant are connected to Linden and computers, documents and data via the internet. The Director comes into Linden on Thursdays to physically check on the building, archives and mailings etc. Arrangements for necessary access to Linden should be scheduled on Thursdays.
- The June, July and Aug dates for the Summer Front Porch Concerts have been moved, to the same months, in 2021. Only remaining concert for 2020 is still scheduled for October 11th. We hope we can get this free Front Porch Concert in for this year.
- The Barns of Calvert County Art Show/Sale has been moved to June 17, 2021. At that time the Barns event might be combined with the exhibition of the model boats of the Chesapeake. We hope by combining these two events we will heighten interest and participation.
- The staff of CCHS submitted and has been selected for a grant of $5,150, from Maryland Humanities, CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act).
- We continue to accept donations/items for the Silent Auction. Please call to arrange transfer of your donations/items for the CCHS event.
Thanks again for your membership and support of Calvert County Historical Society. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above information or other issues, please let us know.
Calvert County Historical Society 410.535.2452