The Christmas tree is decorated, the silver is polished, the menu is set, and it’s time to shop for the food. For the first-time-ever, shoppers will be able to purchase fresh food at the Holiday Indoor Farmer’s Market on Saturday, December 22nd from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at the St. Mary’s County Airport. And get this, we’re starting a new trend here in St. Mary’s County – it’s a FLY-IN Holiday Farmer’s Market for those with their own aircraft!
As the official sponsor of the Holiday Farmer’s Market, Historic Sotterley staff will bring their farmer’s market expertise to the table. “When Scott Sanders of Tobacco Barn Distillery first mentioned this fabulously creative idea as an extension of our summer farmer’s market, we definitely wanted to be part of this. At Sotterley, we are committed to supporting our local growers – and how wonderful to offer fresh produce and meat to our local friends!” stated Nancy Easterling, Executive Director of Historic Sotterley.
This unique Framer’s Market is the first of its kind in the United States and embraces the rural characteristics of Southern Maryland while highlighting the role our region has had in developing our nation’s air and space technologies. To showcase this, Santa will be arriving by aircraft! Yes, Santa will land at the airport and then step inside to see the kids and be available for pictures (bring your camera) starting at 10:00 a.m.
The Holiday Farmer’s Market will include the following vendors:
- Battle Creek Beef – Full assortment of all “natural” beef and pork products.
- Olga’s Cakes – Home baked cakes and cupcakes made by “Olga” the Cake Creator!
- R&H Farms – Pork products from free range heritage pigs. USDA gourmet pork.
- Just Loafin’ – Locally baked French and sourdough breads for your holiday dinner.
- Swamp Fox – Family owned small farm selling pastured raised chicken, duck & eggs.
- Tobacco Barn Distillery – “Grain to Glass” Bourbon, Whiskey and Rums from Maryland’s premier distillery.
- Blue Wind Gourmet – Local chocolate, coffees, and farm raised oysters from 38 North.
- Free State Cidery – Hard Apple Cider from the highest quality apples harvested in Maryland.
- Goose Creek Farm – Farm raised Shiitake mushrooms. Fresh and dried.
- Grandpap’s Honey – Assortment of local honey from around the region.
- Crabby Corn – Hand popped kettle corns along with fresh greenery for the table.