On February 20, 2015, at 7:48 am, a family member detected the odor of smoke coming from the area of the master bedroom. When she went to investigate she discovered the area around the bathroom door on fire. Solomons and St. Leonard’s Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the one story, single family home at 12330 Rousby Hall Road, Lusby.
The investigation revealed that an electrical cord running from a portable heater to the bathroom was the cause of the fire. There were no reported injuries and the family is being assisted by other family members. The estimated loss to the structure is $9,000 and $1,000 to the contents.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT The Fire Marshal 443-550-6820.