On August 11, 2018 at 6:33 am, a fire at 13042 Mills Creek Road in Lusby, was discovered by the homeowner. The Solomons Volunteer Fire Department responded. The fire started at the rear exterior of the one story wood framed home. A smoke alarm was present and activated.
A portable generator was being utilized to provide electrical service to the home. The generator ignited a nearby doghouse, which spread to the residence. The estimated loss to the structure is $150,000 plus $75,000 to the contents. The preliminary cause of the fire is accidental.
Two adults were displaced as a result of the fire and are being assisted by family members.