On January 22, 2019 at 2:05 pm a fire was discovered by a neighbor at 6015 Bandit Al Lane in St Leonard. The St Leonard Volunteer Fire Department responded. There was a smoke alarm present and it was activated. The two story single family home sustained $50,000 in damage to the structure and $25,000 to the contents.
The preliminary cause was the result of improperly discarded smoking materials on the porch in the rear of the dwelling. The family has been displaced as a result of the fire and is being assisted by family and friends. There were no injuries as a result of the fire; however, it is believed that a cat perished as a result of the fire.