On May 19, 2020 at 9:33 pm, a fire was discovered by the homeowner at 1601 D Street, St Leonard. The St Leonard Volunteer Fire Department. The one story single family dwelling was owned by William and Bettejean Middleton.
The fire originated on the exterior of the home and extended into the structure. Two occupants were in the dwelling at the time of the fire and escaped without injury. Two vehicles parked adjacent to the structure were also destroyed. The accidental fire was the result of an electrical failure.
The fire caused an estimated $250,000 damage to the structure and $150,000 to the contents.