Sponsored by Historic Sotterley
Put on your “Green” and come to the last Indoor Farmer’s Market of the season! We will have some new additions this time and shoppers will be able to purchase fresh & local food in the comfort and convenience of the St. Mary’s Airport Terminal Building. The Market will be held on Saturday, March 16th from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. We’ve started a new trend here in St. Mary’s County – it’s a FLY-IN Farmer’s Market, where you really don’t need to fly in to attend, but you can!
St. Mary’s own Mark Smith “The Celtic Troubadour” will be playing Celtic tunes during lunchtime and other tunes on his guitar/bagpipes to get you in the mood. There are even rumors that a Leprechaun will make an appearance and pull a number out of his “pot of gold” for one lucky winner of the Historic Sotterley raffle!
This unique Framer’s Market is the first of its kind in the United States and embraces the rural characteristics of Southern Maryland while highlighting the role that our region has played in developing our nation’s air and space technologies. Bring the kids to see the “Giant Leprechaun” and hear authentic Celtic music starting at 11:00 a.m.
The “Luck of the Irish” Indoor Farmer’s Market will include the following vendors:
- Battle Creek Beef – Full assortment of local all “natural” beef and pork products.
- Olga’s Cakes – Home baked cakes and cupcakes made by “Olga” the Cake Creator!
- R&H Farms – Pork products from free range heritage pigs. USDA gourmet pork.
- Just Loafin’ – Freshly baked French and sourdough breads.
- Swamp Fox – Family owned small farm selling pastured raised chicken, duck, and duck eggs.
- Tobacco Barn Distillery – Local farm/distillery producing “Grain to Glass” Bourbon & Whiskeys.
- Blue Wind Gourmet – Local chocolate from a gourmet chocolatier.
- Free State Cidery – Hard Apple Cider from the highest quality apples harvested in Maryland.
- Goose Creek Farm – Farm raised Shiitake mushrooms. Fresh and dried.
- Rosemary Ranch farm – Local honey, eggs and gourmet microgreens.
- Crabby Corn – Hand popped kettle corn.
- Moonstruck Oysters – Locally farmed oysters, shucked or in the shell.
- Social Coffeehouse and Speakeasy – Fresh locally roasted coffee and sandwiches.
- Olivin’s – Maryland’s finest private labeled aged Balsamic and Extra Virgin Olive Oils.