For the 2020 Outstanding Achievement Awards
Do you know a woman or girl who makes significate contributions to the local community? Nominate her for a 2020 Outstanding Achievement or Woman of Tomorrow awards.
The Calvert County Commission for Women is now accepting applications for the 2020 Outstanding Achievement Awards. Award categories include:
- Advocacy: Recognition for outstanding leadership, courage, tenacity and effectiveness to support policies and practices that improve the lives of Calvert County women or girls.
- Business Leadership: Recognition for leadership and effectively implementing business practices that improve the economic status of Calvert County women or girls.
- Service: Recognition for service to community that has improved the quality of life for Calvert County women or girls.
- Woman of Tomorrow: Recognition to a girl or young woman (age 20 years or younger) for effective leadership in the field of advocacy, business or service to community. Note that the main criterion is impact on the local community, not academics.
Criteria for Selection – A nominee must:
- Exemplify the characteristics of awardees described above – outstanding achievements and positive impact;
- Have been a resident of Calvert County for at least five years;
- Be 21 years or older for the advocacy, business leadership and service awards, or 20 years or younger for the Woman of Tomorrow Award;
- Attend the Women of the World Awards Luncheon on April 18, 2020 to receive the award in person.
Nomination forms are available online. Completed nomination forms must be submitted no later than Feb. 28, 2020, either via email to CalvertWomen@gmail.com or by mail to Calvert County Commission for Women, Calvert County Circuit Courthouse, 175 Main St., Prince Frederick, MD 20678