What better place to get moving for “Walktober” than North Beach! Walking is the perfect activity for people of all ages and the boardwalk in the Town of North Beach is the perfect place to walk.
While Governor Hogan recently proclaimed October as “Walktober” to highlight the benefits of walking, we would like to invite you to the boardwalk to get moving on Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 8 am. Come alone, bring a friend or a group. All are welcome! More details to follow.
Walking just 30 minutes a day can improve circulation, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. According to the American Heart Association, walking can help you:
- Think better, feel better and sleep better.
- Reduce your risk of serious diseases like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and several types of cancer.
- Improve your blood pressure, blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels.
- Increase your energy and stamina.
- Improve your mental and emotional well-being and and reduce risk of depression.
- Improve memory and reduce your risk of dementia.
- Boost bone strength and reduce your risk of osteoporosis.
- Prevent weight gain.