The Calvert County Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Division, announces fee changes for certain services and materials at Appeal Landfill effective July 1, 2019.
Solid Waste Tipping Fees:
- Residential – $74.16 per ton
- Commercial and out-of-county – $82.39 per ton
Solid Waste Annual Fee:
- $142 for all improved residential and commercial property tax bills
Recycling Material Fees:
- Tires (all types) – $228 per ton
– Residential – $74.16 per ton
– Commercial and out-of-county – $82.39 per ton
Calvert County Residents and Commercial Only
- Propane tanks – $5 per tank (propane tanks one pound or less are free)
- Other gas cylinders (CO2, O2, fire extinguishers) – $8 per cylinder
- Refrigerant appliances (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers) – $10 per appliance. Refrigerant appliances are available for bulk item pick up for Calvert County residents after registration and fee is paid.
Calvert County Commercial Only
- Lightbulbs (all types) – 75 cents per pound
- Oil filters – $45 per 55-gallon drum
Fees are payable by cash or check only. All chargeable materials must be brought to the Appeal Landfill for payment and disposal; customer convenience centers cannot accept these items. Appeal Landfill is located at 401 Sweetwater Road in Lusby.
As an enterprise fund operation, which is funded with revenue generated by services provided, the Solid Waste Division recommended an increase to residential and commercial solid waste fees to keep up with market costs and reduce use of prior year funds in the fiscal year 2020 Solid Waste Enterprise Fund budget.
For information about solid waste and recycling fees, call the Calvert County Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Division, at 410-326-0210 or visit www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Recycle