Calvert County Department of Planning & Zoning announces inspections of occupied residential dwellings will be suspended until further notice.
Calvert County Government is taking precautionary measures to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and limit the number of people infected, particularly older adults and those with chronic health conditions. At this time, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Calvert County.
County offices remain open. In order to protect the health of staff and customers, citizens are encouraged to conduct as much business as possible by phone, email or web.
These changes are in addition to those previously announced:
- Service reductions will be implemented. North Route will run 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; South Route will run 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Prince Frederick Shuttle I will run 6:35 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Charlotte Hall Route, Dunkirk Route, Lusby Shuttle Route, Mid-County Route and Prince Frederick Shuttle II are temporarily suspended.
- Paratransit routes are still in operation for medical and nutritional trips only.
Department of Planning & Zoning
- Fastrack service on permits for residential accessory structures, regularly offered weekly on Wednesdays, is suspended until further notice.
Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter
- The animal shelter is closed to the public and volunteers.
- Owner reclaims and rescue transport will be conducted by appointment only.
- The volunteer program is temporarily suspended.
- Drop-off donations will not be accepted. Monetary donations can be mailed to the shelter at 5055 Hallowing Point Road, Prince Frederick MD 20678.
- Adoption inquiries can be made by phone at 410-535-7387 or emailing AnimalShelter@calvertcountymd.gov.
Department of Public Works
- Bulk pickup, mattress pickup, HELP Association pickup and Carol Porto Treatment Facility pickup are suspended until further notice.
- The paper shred event scheduled for March 21 is canceled.
- All scheduled facility tours and events are canceled.