Mosquito Control is in your hands, here are some simple tips to prevent mosquitos on your property.
- Pick up and haul away all trash piles, broken down washing machines, junk cars, bottles and cans, and related items from around houses.
- Avoid having open water areas or containers around the house such as puddles, open water tanks, damaged water pipes, tires, etc. that might breed mosquitoes.
- Fill tree holes.
- Empty or change water in pet dishes, bird baths, horse troughs, etc. at least once a week.
- Keep roof gutters clean.
- Avoid accumulation of decaying material and garbage in and around the home.
- Cover water tanks.
- Support natural enemies of insects like birds, frogs, lizards, and fish.
- Fix any low spots in the yard that hold water for long-term control.